Care for the Wild’s Campaign Champions
Would you like to help animals? Then why not become a Care for the Wild Campaign Champion!
Our Champions are wonderful people all around the world who want to feel like they are doing something positive for animals, but who can’t get into our office in Horsham. It can just take up a few minutes of your time, or longer if you prefer. But whatever you choose to do, you’ll be a Champion to us!
How to become a Campaign Champion
1. Send us an with the word ‘Champion’ in the subject title. Please include:
- Your Name, Where you live
- Any particular skills or interests you have (for example, you love tigers, or have experience in marketing)
- Then tell us how you would like to help. The easiest way is to copy and paste this list into your email:
I would really like to help Care for the Wild by: (tick as many as you wish)
I. Organising a campaign or protest event
II. Organising a fundraising event
III. Handing out leaflets and/or putting up posters
IV. Contacting people by email (for example, writing protest or complaint letters)
V. Helping spread the word on social media
2. We’ll then send you out a Champion’s Pack, which will include relevant materials depending on what you ticked above. By finding shops, libraries or other places which will take these leaflets in your area, you will be greatly increasing our chances of helping animals. For example it might include:
- 50 Care for the Wild general leaflets.
- 50 Why the Badger Cull is Missing the Target leaflets.
- 30 If you Care badger badges
- 50 Smile, You’ve Just Killed My Mum leaflets for our RIGHT-tourism campaign.
- 10 posters
- Fundraising materials
We know that you are looking at this because you love animals, and for that we thank you! But we feel that our Champions should be rewarded for their hard work on our behalf!
When you sign up to be a Champion, you will automatically be put on our mailing list to receive our regular newsletter. And then:
I. If you organise a campaign or protest event attended by more than 20 people or
II. If your raise more than £100 through a fundraising or Dare for the Wild event
…you’ll automatically become a Wildlife Warrior for a year, entitling you to a free pack, worth £36!
Iii. If you raise more than £250 through a fundraising or Dare for the Wild event
…you’ll automatically become a Wildlife Defender for a year, entitling you to a free pack, worth £120!
iv. If you raise more than £500 through a fundraising or Dare for the Wild event
…you’ll automatically become a Wildlife Protector for a year, entitling you to a free pack, worth £300!
(Please note, only one of these packs is available per fundraising or Dare for the Wild event, even if more than one person takes part in organising it.)
So that’s it – it’s easy and fun to be a Care for the Wild Campaign Champion, and you’ll be helping the wildlife that you love. What are you waiting for?!